Even with the tons of critics around MySpace and its popularity compared to the very weak code, it still on the top of most visited website overall and got a great popularity. MySpace is starting a new mobile experience with Helio. According to the press release the mobile service will offer a look, feel and overall customer experience that are true to the online MySpace environment while optimizing it for mobile including:
* Mailbox: Ability to read and write MySpace mail from your Helio device
* Bulletin: Send messages to all your friends anytime, anywhere from your Helio device
* Blogs: Read and write blogs on-the-go without a PC
* Photos: View photos on friends’ profiles optimized for your Helio screen
* Profiles: View profiles and add new friends as you meet them directly from your Helio device
* Photo posting directly from a Helio device so experiences are shared as they happen
* Added photo storage capacity exclusively for Helio members
* A mobile online status indicator in a user profile for those online via a Helio device
Personaly I tryed many times to use myspace from my mobile phone but always got problems specially with the first authentification, and then myspace pages are huge and bandwidth consuming so I finished by giving up and waiting like a good boy until Mr Tom make this dream come true.
Notice that Textamerica which is very popular too come already with a mobile version since always. So I think it’s a little late for MySpace to join the park of social software for mobile. Currently the new mobile version isn’t available so as soon as I can test it I’ll try to post a complete review.